CC: Romeo and Juliet- Persona Writing

Dear Allegro,

From A Distressed Damsel

I am currently dealing with a situation I never dreamed I would be involved in. Sadly, I am having a hard time dreaming myself out of this situation as well. This is why I’ve turned to you Allegro. I am praying that you can give me some form of advice that can get me out of this dilemma.

I have fallen ion love with a man who I shouldn’t even look at if passing in the market. I will name him Mario for the purpose of keeping this entry anonymous. We are on opposite sides of two feuding families. Deaths have occurred, the hatred is strong between our two families. Did I mention that Mario and I are married? It is a secret marriage that we have kept. Something about having this secret marriage is fun and exciting, but the excitement of it has been coated with dark fear. I have been ordered to marry another man, a man not nearly as wonderful as my Mario. Can you believe it? My father, ordering me to marry this outrageous fool of a human? Oh, my! Whatever shall I do!?

Desperately seeking your help.

– Heartbroken and Confused 14-year-old wife.

***                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Dear Allegro,

From A Depressed Husband

Hello, it’s me Paris again. You will never believe what’s happened this time. I am in quite the vinegar soaked cucumber if you understand what I mean.

I was set up to marry the most beautiful, kind and best smelling lady I’ve ever met. We danced the night of the Capulet party, it was so romantic Allegro. But my lady hates me, I can tell. Is it the way I look? The way I speak? The way I danced? My heart aches like it has never ached before. I wish I knew what she was thinking. Could you possibly decode what young Juliet is thinking? Please help.

I am in need of immediate assistance. Helllpppp!

Sadness drenched Paris.