CC: Romeo and Juliet Persona Responses

Dear Allegro,

Hi, it’s Juliet Capulet. I really need your help and advice. So my family (the Capulet’s) have a feud with another family (the Montague’s) and I recently have fallen in love. With a Montague. His name is Romeo and when I see him nothing else matters. His smile shines brighten then the sun, his heart is bigger then the universe and I can’t stop thinking about him. Romeo and I got married just a little bit ago and nobody knows in my family, and now my family wants to marry a guy named Paris. I don’t love Paris. Oh no, not the way I love Romeo. Not even close. Romeo recently got banished and he’s living in Mantua now so it’s hard to see him but him and I will make it work. What I need help with is my parents are forcing me to marry Paris this week on Thursday. I can’t marry him!!!! I’m already married to Romeo. I don’t even love OR like Paris, I can’t marry him!!!i love Romeo but my family is forcing me to marry Paris. Please help me, I just need advice and help on what I should do, what do you think? Run away with Romeo? Tell my parents? Move out and live on my own with Romeo? Move to Mantua with Romeo? Please give me whatever advice and help you have as soon as possible, I need it! I’m desperate for answers.

Worried face Juliet

Dear Worried Face Juliet,

Quite the situation you are caught in. Obviously, the easy thing to do is give up on the whole dangerous love thing. This would mean no more Romeo, but a great quality of life with Paris. You would always be taken care of with this man, and who knows, maybe you might just fall in love with him. You possibly could find the good in him without being blinded by your “love” for Romeo. I know this might not be what you want to hear Juliet, but you need to take the safe route on this one. Not just because your parents say so, or I say so, but because continuing on with this could get you in serious trouble with the law, maybe even death.

Please play it safe, you’ll be thankful.

-Allegro

Dear Allegro,

From a Nervous Gentleman,

I really need your help!!!!!!! Now! The girl I really want to marry is already married!!!!! And of course, she is married to a member of her family’s biggest enemy!!!!! ROMEO!!!!! How could she fall in love with someone like that? She is just so perfect! I can’t stand the thought of her being with anyone else besides me! I want her to break up with that dirt bag! She is too good for him! I am planning to marry her on Friday, but I don’t think that she wants to marry me. How do I make her fall in love with me and not Romeo? Should I keep fighting for her love or do I let her go? Please help me! I really don’t know what to do? Please respond as soon as you can. I need advice NOW!! 🙁

Grieving Paris.

Dear Grieving Paris,

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds rough. There are two possible scenarios that I have come up with from reading your situation. Firstly, Juliet is just caught up in her love for Romeo, and may not be thinking straight. She might come around eventually.

Secondly, she and this Romeo fellow truly are meant for each other, and will never give up on their undying love. For your sake, I hope it is the first one. Keeping these two options in mind, read the situation. How far will each lover go to keep their love alive? If it is not very much, you have hope! If they stop at nothing to stay together, sorry buddy. There are other fish in the sea.

I am sorry that I can not read the situation, but this is on you. Try your best and good luck to you!

-Allegro

4 thoughts on “CC: Romeo and Juliet Persona Responses

1. I think you gave really good advice and it seemed believable that you were a real advice columnist. Your advice was strong and well written and given. I feel if this was someone’s real life situation and they asked you for advice, this would be realistic. Good job!! 🙂

2. You gave great advice!!!! I feel that you would have really helped Paris in this situation! I enjoy reading your responses!!! Great Job!!!!!!!! 🙂

3. You gave good advice to both Paris and Juliet! It is very well written and it was very well put. I like how you gave the advice nicely! Very well done!