Letters to a Pal- Week 1

Hello!

I’m so excited to start talking to you guys in our ELA B ten class!

We’ve covered some very large and broad topics so far, and some very specific ones too. We have read short stories, wrote speeches, and preformed them for the class as well. Out of all of these tasks we have covered, nothing beats our class discussions.

Not too long ago, we discussed whether or not we believe affirmative action is a beneficial/necessary step in maintaining equality in the workplace specifically. We all held different viewpoints on whether setting aside jobs for women, specific races, and low income workers is a good thing, or whether it is completely irrational. Very recently, the University of Saskatchewan discussed the idea of accepting and setting aside places for a certain number of low income students into the medical program in attempt to diversify the program. This is an example of affirmative action in our province. Do you have any of these examples in Germany?

I would totally recommend taking a minute or two to search up the pros and cons of affirmative action. I’m interested to see where your opinions are on the topic so that we can compare our views. Our class discussion totally opened up my eyes to this topic, and really made me think deeply about where my personal opinions and morals stand.

I’m really looking forward to hearing back from you! I think this Pen Pal system we are trying out is going to benefit all of us in the long run.

Hope the weather is great in Germany, or in your hometown at least!

Bella:)

(Also! Follow me on Instagram if you want- Bella.Thomson and add me on Snapchat- Bella_thomson21)

Image result for howdy gif

1 thought on “Letters to a Pal- Week 1

1. Heii Bella!
    This year we learned a lot of Canada (e.g. Toronto, Nunavut) and about Australia.

On the one hand we think that the poor people should be students on universitys too, but on the other hand it’s not ok that they are admitted at university so easily.

In Germany there is a new rule that certain people percentage of women must be in leading positions in the big companies.
    We think it’s good that women are at the leading positions because the women get less money than men.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Have a great day!

Best wishes,
    Tansila and Nathalie

PS: Add us on Snapchat (x.taniii and nathii2812) and Instagram (x.taniii and nathalieheser)