End of Book Review- The Outsiders

Wow! What an emotional roller coaster! I can’t say that I didn’t get the strong urge to cry at some scenes, because that would be a lie. I appreciate books with not only strong morals, but beneficial ones as well. The Outsiders displays a clear theme, but also one you can walk a away learning something from.

The idea of strong family bonds and the (wanted) equality between two social classes was very clear while reading this book. After I finished reading, the themes stuck with me and made me think. If books can make you think in a whole new perspective, you know it is a good one.

I felt a strong connection to Ponyboy’s character. Not because of relatable social status or appearance, because of how we think. Ponyboy has a deep mind. He reads into people and situations, even when he doesn’t want to. I really feel for that. You find a lot of people who don’t think. I guess they use their brains but they don’t think. Does that make sense? I think a lot. I don’t know if Pony’s deep thinking was an intentional trait given to him my the author or not.

The Outsiders was a very good novel,  and I am glad I had the chance to read it!

4 thoughts on “End of Book Review- The Outsiders

1. I love the way you make connections to Pony Boys character and explain why. It’s great how you talk about the morals of the book. I also think like Pony Boy too. I guess great minds think alike right? I think it’s important that a book can teach you so much even if it is fictional. and you’ve got the importance of family right on point.

STARS
    – the connections you make
    – as well as how you explain the values

WISH
    – if you could tell us more about the book and what parts you liked and the ones you didn’t

1. Hey Jenna!
      I’m glad you liked my post. It is definitely very cool how we can connect to a character in a book. Or even more specifically, how they think. That is one of my favourite parts of reading.
      Yes, looking back I should have maybe addressed how I felt about the book generally. Like if I enjoyed it or not. I did in fact enjoy it a lot (if you were wondering, haha)
      Thanks for the comment!

2. hey! I really liked your post about the end of the outsiders. I found that you made it really clear what you think about the book and also good explanation why you liked it. I wish I could put in emojis because there would be a lot if smiley faces but I cant so there would be one sad face. overall I think you did really good keep up the good work.