A5 CC: The Village

As a class, we watched and discussed the movie The Village. Personally, I genuinely enjoyed all aspects of the film. The visual effects, the with holding of information, and the plot line had me completely hooked as we watched.

Unlike a regular horror movie, The Village left out the gore and the dramatic jump scares. This movie had a way of sneaking in an uncomfortable and unsettling vibe into the movie, which transferred over to the feeling of the viewer. Although the village IS definitely unsettling, I personally believe it doesn’t fit into the genre of horror. It’s difficult to place a genre on a movie such as The Village, because the bright, crisp and clean visuals are not what you expect to see in a movie that is so unnerving.

I believe that the type of viewer who would enjoy this movie is an analitical person. There are many different ways to interprete and many subliminal message to seek out in this film. In a sense, it forces you to really think, so it is not a movie to simply watch to give your mind a break. Viewers who enjoy puzzles, mystery, and secret messages would definitely enjoy this film.

I found that this movie was one I will watch again. I haven’t watched any other Shyamalan’s pieces of work, so I can’t compare The Village, but watching these other movies would be something I’m sire that I would enjoy.

I would rate this Movie an 8/10 and would DEFINITELY recommend it to fellow analitical movie viewers like me!

image image